21 February 2009

Fall On Me - Embryonic

Fall On Me is one of my favorite R.E.M. songs. I might go as far to say that it is my favorite song. The melodies, music, and lyrics are so powerful and inspiring, I get chills every time I hear it. It has also become a favorite bedtime song for Ari. I sing it to him almost every night when I put him to bed. We have a rotation of about 10 bedtime songs, and he gets to choose two songs for me to sing each night. Just about every night, to my delight, one of the songs he wants me to sing is Fall on Me.

The song was first introduced during the Reconstruction Tour in 1985. It went through a massive transformation by the time it was released on Lifes Rich Pageant in August of 1986.

This video from 1985 also includes the song Green Grow the Rushes. Enjoy!



Here is the album version for the sake of comparison.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks, Katie! There is something magical for me in putting my children to bed; and then checking on them before I go to sleep. Sometimes, it brings tears to my eyes, their peaceful beauty.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails