03 March 2009

Where's Waldo... and why did I stop caring?


I was watching an old episode of the Simpson's and Homer made a remark about Where's Waldo and I thought to myself, "Where is Waldo?" For so long during the early 90's he provided me with so much entertainment; then, as quickly as he came into my life, he was as quickly gone. What made me decide to just throw this beloved character to the curb; and where is Waldo now?

Well, as it turns out, he has his own website, and you can visit him at http://www.findwaldo.com/. You can even play the Where's Waldo game and relive those cherished memories of searching through a sea of people in search of the man with the funny glasses in a sock hat.

After about 30 seconds of trying to find him, I realized why I stopped trying to find him in the first place. I wasn't having very much fun and I started to get a headache. Maybe the search lost something in the transition to the Internet. Oh, well. Part of me is glad that my search did not renew the Waldo-mania I had in the 90's. The thrill of the hunt is over, for now...

2 comments:

  1. ask not what you can do for Waldo, but what Waldo can do for you...

    :0)

    So, Waldo...what do you have to give? Give us a good reason to want to find you!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Exactly. At the very least, a commemorative Waldo coin of accomplishment should be handed out to the successful seekers.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails