08 May 2009

Gardening update

We transplanted the tomatoes into the outside realm and they are doing well so far. We had a severe downpour last night and they got pummeled, so I hope they bounce back from that. I have such an emotional attachment to them, and I really want to see them succeed. Is that weird?
We also planted a couple of blueberry bushes that Gramma and Pa gave to us. They are looking good, too.
I also have a nice little herb garden going on the front porch. So far I've got marjoram, chives, cilantro, and dill planted in the small pots; and basil planted in the large pot. The basil was a birthday present, and Ari & Emilie painted the pot for me. Oh, in the bottom left hand corner of the picture is an avocado pit that I am trying to get to sprout. I know I can't do anything with it if it does, it's just a fun little experiment. So much for just planting tomatoes this year...

1 comment:

  1. Looking great, Luke! We have an avocado plant, too! And those kids have some painting skillz!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails