07 June 2010

Pumpkin flower


When we planted our pumpkins, I had no idea they would produce such beautiful flowers.  It caught me off guard one morning as I was walking to the garage to get my bike for my morning commute.  I glanced over to the yard and saw a magnificent yellow flower.  I made a mental note to take a picture of it when I got home.  Alas, when I arrived home from work that day, the flower was no longer there; it had shriveled away.

I soon realized that the pumpkin flower has a very short lifespan, often not even lasting for a day.  The next time I saw a flower I made sure to take a picture of it while it was there.  There have been many more flowers since those first few started opening up, and I always look for them as I walk to the garage in the mornings.  Seeing those vibrant yellow flowers greeting me first thing in the morning a nice way to start the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails