16 July 2010

B&K Spanish Sauce


Looking for an easy way to make hot dogs exciting?  Well, look no further than B&K Spanish Sauce!  I got the recipe from a co-worker and it tastes exactly like the sauce the drive-in serves.  I made the sauce for Emilie's birthday party and it was quite a hit.  It seemed like everyone was asking me for the recipe or telling me how good it was.  Talk about a crowd pleaser! 

The recipe is very simple, and after the meat was cooked, I just transferred it to a small crock pot until we were ready to eat.  It does make a lot of sauce, so I would recommend cutting the recipe in half for smaller affairs.  A coney dog for the ages, and it is so much better to make it from scratch.

B&K Spanish Sauce for Hot Dogs
B&K Drive-In at Logansport, Indiana
Printable Recipe

2 pounds lean 15% ground beef
3⁄4 cup water
2 cups Hunts ketchup
4 1⁄2 teaspoons chili powder
2 tablespoons white vinegar
1⁄4 cup onion, diced fine
1 teaspoon salt

Do not cook hamburger meat first. Mix raw hamburger with the water and add all the ingredients together in a pot. Simmer for 1 hour. Spoon over hot dogs, or delicious served on a bun by itself.

7 comments:

  1. That looks so good! Your blog is now on my blogroll (right sidebar half way down)
    :-)
    N

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Eva!
    Thanks Captain! Glad to see I'm now own your blogroll. Thanks for that, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! This hit the nail on the head with flavor and consistency. Brings back all my wonderful memories from long ago.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks right on. The original used Brooks spicy ketchup.

    I do not think Brooks Ketchup exists any longer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you have a Save-A-Lot or save a lot nearby they do have Brooks ketchup

      Delete
  5. Tangy not Spicy was the term they used

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails