10 July 2010

Vision of Summer

I was on the deck at my mom's house seeking a quick moment of solitude during a family pool party, quietly enjoying a wedge of watermelon.  I looked down at the vibrant pink flesh, pitch black seeds, and smooth green rind as I lost myself in the cool sweet juicy busts of the welcome summer treat.  I paused a moment as I noticed the gorgeous blue behind the melon in the pool below.  I stood there and stared, realizing that I was looking at a perfect vision of summer.  I made a mental note to take my camera next time we were over so I could capture the image.

2 comments:

  1. Doesn't this just make you want to paint it? Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hadn't looked at it that way, but now that you mention it, it does look like it would make a wonderful painting. I am no painter, so if you are inspired to do it Eva, feel free.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails