01 December 2010

Alphabet Soup


As I was ladling my first batch of homemade chicken stock into freezer bags, I realized what I should make with it first.  Alphabet soup.  I couldn't think of a better meal to highlight the flavor of the stock, all while enjoying one of my favorite childhood comfort foods.

I simply cooked the alphabet noodles in the chicken stock seasoned with a little salt.  Once the noodles are cooked, I ladled the soup into bowls and finished it with a pat of butter.  A little freshly grated Parmesan cheese on top is a nice touch as well.  A delicious bowl full of memories. 

The chicken stock was more delicious than I could have hoped.  There was a wonderful chicken flavor and it was very filling and satisfying.  A perfect meal to enjoy my chicken stock for the first time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails