10 December 2010

Two Years of Chestnuts

It's hard to believe it's been two years since I started latent chestnut.  So, since I did a year-in-review post last year, I figured I should do one for this year, too.  2010 didn't bring me my highest high since I started the blog (that occurred here) but it was exceptional, nonetheless.  As I was reviewing the vast array of posts over the last 365 days, I found that my main focus can be summed up into three categories:  cooking, sewing, and Mario. 

From pâte à choux to ketchup, I made a lot of new things in the kitchen this year.  The best moment, though, was rediscovering Nonna's pizza and learning how to make it myself.  Other culinary highlights include making my own riccota cheese, crème fraîche, dulce de leche, bagels, and chicken stock from scratch.  I made all of these for the first time over the past year, and I enjoyed every minute of it.  I also posted a few of my own original recipes for the first time this year; the apple crisp being my favorite.  I was also really happy with the way my pie crust tutorial came together (thanks for the idea, Eva!).

Speaking of Eva, I gave her sewing machine quite a workout over the year.  I know I didn't do a huge number of sewing posts, but I feel like I've had one or two sewing projects going throughout the entire year.  I tried my hand at making clothes for the first time when I made the pants, shirt, gloves, and shoe covers for Ari's Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Halloween costume.  The other major sewing project I posted about was my (or should I say Ari's) Super Mario quilt.  I am so happy with the way it turned out and I think it is the most well made quilt I have completed yet.

The Mario quilt only scratched the surface of custom Mario creations I made this year.  We gave Ari's room a Mario theme and I made some Mario curtains and curtain rods.  The Mario curtain post is the most viewed page on latent chestnut, by the way.  Apparently there is a big demand for Mario curtains out there.  Though, I think the curtain rods are even cooler than the curtains, and they were a cinch to make.  I also made some Mario onesies for Thomas, and got some awesome items from Club Nintendo. 

Overall, 2010 was a pretty good year for me and latent chestnut.  I can't wait to see what 2011 brings! 

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails