05 August 2012

IU Quilt Template



With college basketball season fast approaching, I would like to have something warm and cozy to wrap up with when the Hoosiers hit the hardwood.  I doubt I will be snuggled up in the quilt while they are playing (I am usually at the edge of my seat) but it will be nice to have while I am basking in their victory.

I considered several options for this quilt, but I think I have settled on a design.  I contemplated a cream logo with a crimson background, but I think the crimson logo with cream background looks better.  I also thought about what the back of the quilt should look like, and I still don't know if I have decided. 

I wanted to buy an IU pattern fabric for the back, but learned that it doesn't exist.  A solid cream or crimson back was also a consideration.  What I am leaning towards right now is a cream and crimson candy stripe back similar to the IU warm up pants.  Time will tell.  For now, it's time to start cutting!

5 comments:

  1. Think I might try this using 4x4 squares

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd like to try this with a red and white jelly roll, 2.5 inch wide strips... What would the block size be then?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd like to try this with a red and white jelly roll, 2.5 inch wide strips... What would the block size be then?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, IU BACKING FABRIC DOES EXIST!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails